We take prayer out of our schools and I don’t hear any arguments or discussions about it, and I am very upset with our Christian community and even our pastors, because of not fighting for the right to bring prayer back to our schools. If there are people who don’t want to pray, that is their right to not do so, yet here we are arguing about taking down the confederate flag. If this flag represent the right for others to own slaves, why in the world would it be allowed on any state building, regardless of how many people have died for the right to fly the flag. Yes, people have the right to have and fly that flag in their homes or front yard, but it should never be on, in, around or over any government building.
And now the Supreme Court have ruled that Males can marry Males and Females can marry Females. I believe a marriage should be between a Male and Female only. And let me make it clear, I am not against Gay or Homosexual people. I believe that everyone has the right under our laws to designate who to leave whatever they may have when death is near, or to have someone be able to sign whatever papers that need to be signed when they are incapacitated. What you do in your bedroom or in your mind is between you and God, but I also know what the Bible says, Jesus said in Mark 10:6-9 ” At the beginning of creation, God make them Male and Female, (7) For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife., (8) and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. (9) Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.”
I believe Children receive better balance in life on how to become men and women when there is a male and a female in the home. Unfortunately in to many homes today, the males are missing and I believe that some of that has lead to where we are today.
Same sex marriage may sound good to some, but that doesn’t make it right in the sight of God. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 7:2- But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each women her own husband.
Let me also make it clear that it is not only the homosexual that will not get into heaven. Listen to what it says in 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10- Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral nor the idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders (10) nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. So what the Supreme Court did was not a blessing as many may think, according to God. God loves each and everyone of us, and He wants us to repent of our sins and trust and have faith that He will forgive us and bless us with whatever our needs are according to His glory. There are no big sins or small sins in the eyes of God, a sin is a sin so I am not saying that being homosexual is at the top of the sin list. A person who constantly tells lies, or someone who steals a dollar is just as guilty as the bank robber, a sin is a sin and we are all sinful but because of God’s grace and mercy He will forgive us if we confess our sins and repent from them.
Are you looking for that special Father’s Day gift or something special for your son or daughters graduation, look no further, go to www.edreamright.com, from youth to adult, we have affordable gifts and what you need to be a blessing to someone else, or just to make them feel special.
1-Is there anything in your life that you are struggling with now?
2- What aspect of your life would you like to improve and what is holding you back?
3- Is there someone in your life now, or in the past that you would like to apologize to?
You do not have to enter your name to this survey.
There are underground volcanoes and hot springs happening in our oceans all over the world, could the heat and fire be coming from the pit of hell? If so, what book and verse in the Bible does God speak about this ?
Please post your answers below and share them on Facebook so others can see it.
Hiring good quality workers
Has anyone had a problem trying to hire good quality affordable workers to do work in your home?
Recently I had to replace carpet in three of the four bedrooms in my home with tiles.
I first got one of my son’s friends who is very good painting and doing odd and end jobs including installing tile. This young man takes pride in every job that he does, but he also takes a long time to complete the jobs.
I hired this guy because I know the work that he has done for others, and he gave me a great price. Well he completed two of the three rooms, but he disappeared before he started the last room and I waited for a couple of weeks for him, but never heard anymore from him, so now I had to find someone to complete the last bedroom.
I called several people that do tile work. Some said they would stop by and give me an estimate, but never stop by to give it. One stopped by with his partner and gave me an estimate three times the amount of the first young man.
Then I had the brother of my son in law that came and gave me his estimate which was a little high, but after we talked we agreed to an amount. We had an agreement that he would come by the next morning, he called to say he couldn’t come that day but he would come the following morning, he never showed up and never called back.
All I ask is if your hired to do a job, please show up and do your very best. So after three weeks, I decided to do the tile work myself.
I have never installed tile before, but after checking youtube I went to work. I had to buy a tile saw and other tools. Installing tile is not recommended for someone that has bad knees and a bad back, which I have both, but never the less I did the work and it came out great.
What ever happened to dedicated workers who take pride in their work and honor in their words.
I heard my Pastor quote two sayings that he heard from someone else. The first one was, Find something that consumes you and be consumed by what you find. The second one was, Man’s opportunity is limited by his imagination.
A life lesson: vision and dreams do not easily come to fruition the first time.
I was sitting today just thinking about my life and just life in general and I thought about several subjects such as,
- What is my favorite Bible verse. My answer to that is, Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me.
- What is my favorite Saying– that one is also a Bible verse, John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- What testimonies would I like to share with others, and for that others on this blog can go to my testimony page and read the two I have placed there.
- Pray request, This is a prayer that at I pray everyday- I pray that God will bless those that are on our prayer list, that He will heal the sick and suffering and bring peace and comfort to those that are lonely and depress. I pray that those that need a financial blessing that God will give them more then enough.
- My thoughts about what’s going on with the turmoil in the world today is– As far as the problems concerning the public and the police, there are a lot of very good police officers out there that go to work and as dangerous as it is out there, they do their very best to help others, but there is also a small group of bad police officers that has always put a bad mark on the department, but I feel like until the good officers speak up and condemn or turn in the bad the really bad ones, not much will change when there are no camera’s around. My favorite movie is Serpico, a true story that happened in the 70’s about a police officer that refused to do wrong and turned in the bad officers but at that time no one in the department would listen until Serpico told his story to the news paper.
- What am I still waiting on God to do for me in my life, I pray that God will take me away from here and allow me to spend eternity with Him in heaven. I said this to my wife and she ended up calling some of my children and sharing my thoughts and they thought that I was sick and dying, but I explain to them that we as Christians should always be ready to leave this earth and spend eternity with our heavenly Father.
- I thought about if I had a favorite poem, and I couldn’t come up with one.
- What am I planning on doing today that I didn’t do yesterday, I pray for those that I left out of my prayers the day before, and also to reach out to help someone.
- What and where was my best vacation, I would have to say one was a Royal Caribbean cruise, and also my honeymoon in Jamaica, for the first two days until Montessori revenge came upon me from using their ice water in my soda’s, and I ended up very sick with a fever and very bad stomach aches for five out of the seven days.
- What is my favorite book or my favorite author- My favorite author is John Grisham. Ihave read all his books with the exception of two that was written for children.
I would love to hear from everyone else as well. Please take some time and think about the questions that I have asked myself and comment your answers.
I have a couple of Testimonies I would like to share with you. Many years ago there was a time that I was depressed because I had bills that were due that amounted to $1500.00 and at that time I only had $1000.00. I prayed and asked God how am I going to pay these bills with what I have, and I cried out to Him for help. At the end of that month, all my bills were paid and I had $100.00 left over. God is good.
Another time recently while my wife and I were away at her mother’s funeral, someone living in my home stole two of my rings and pawn them. I received a call from the police department that they had arrested this person. When I returned home, for three days I sat by myself and I was so angry, because I felt how could someone that I tried to help steal my precious rings that I worked so hard to earn, and all of a sudden, something came over me and I thought, wait a minute, If I was getting so upset with the person who stole my precious rings, maybe I was worshipping the rings more than the forgiveness of the person who took them. At that very moment, there was such a calm that came over me that to this day is hard to explain. At that moment I forgave that person and prayed for that person and I asked God to forgive me for worshipping a man made idle, and at that very moment such a great peace came over me. There were tears of joys of the burden that was just lifted.
An artistic and challenging puzzle precision cut from 6 different woods. Help Noah to fit all the animals into the boat.
Measures about 7″ wide x 8″ high.